Thursday 27 October 2011

Happy Days - 4 down 2 more lots of Chemo to Go




I just completed my 4th round of chemo, yipeeeee only 2 more rounds to go.



My 3rd round didnt go well at all, l became very confused after they started one of the chemo drugs and then they decided to stop it altogether. I lost 2 and a half days where l didnt know who l was or what l was doing, aparently l got up to all sorts of mischief on the ward and to this day l still cant remember any thing about it all. On one accasion they found me on the floor in the middle of the night asleep!!!!!!!!!!



Anyway, Monday just gone l went along to the hospital thinking l was staying in for the week so l took all my case and knitting with me and was told that from now on l would be having chemo every 3 weeks for one day and after the chemo l could go home the very same day. Well l was so happy l couldnt believe it at all. l had my chemo then was aloud home straight away!!!! l've have felt not too bad at all really just a little sicky yesterday .



I cant believe how far l have come since starting chemo way back in August, all the ups and downs too and now my journey is almost half way, l face radiothearpy and major major surgery next january/february, but thats a long way off and at least l can hopefully enjoy Christmas this year with my family.




Toodles for now



Wiggles


P.s These are two of my favourite photo's from our holiday this year to Gt Yarmouth, \my boys mean the world to me xx

6 comments:

Inthesky said...

What a great surprise that you did not have to stay in hospital. I do think being at home helps you to feel a lot better. I love the photos I can see why those boys mean the world to you! Chip of the old block and all that. :) I can't believe how the weeks are flying by, it will soon be Chrimbo! xxx

Nanita said...

How great that from now on you can come home after chemo, and that your journey is almost half way! Lovely pictures of your boys :-) ((hugs)) xxxx

Wiggles Towers said...

Thank you for the lovely comments ladies they really do mean a lot to me xx

Linda said...

Wishing you all the luck in the world and looking forward to seeing your ripple blanket colour choices.....the first row is the worst (I see mummyhen has volunteered). Wish she would have done mine! Lol

(tobysmum on rav)

morikomidori said...

lovely photos of you boys, good lookers both.
am so glad your treatment is moving along and that you now get to go home afterwards, what a fab surprise! and as Lucy said it definitely helps.
crickey i'm having trouble believeing it's halloween in a couple of days and that Christmas is then only just around the corner, am looking forward to it though. am sure you and your family will have a super crimbo :o)

Mrs Twins said...

Hi Julia,
All the Ladies on SIBOL are sending you much Love and wondering how you are!
Love and best wishes Suex
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net